My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi -A Review-

My Life After Now

Title: My Life After Now

Series: (Stand-Alone Novel)

Author: Jessica Verdi

Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/my-life-after-now-jessica-verdi/1112689782?ean=9781402277856

Summary: Lucy just had the worst week ever. Seriously, mega bad. And suddenly, it's all too much—she wants out. Out of her house, out of her head, out of her life. She wants to be a whole new Lucy. So she does something the old Lucy would never dream of.

And now her life will never be the same. Now, how will she be able to have a boyfriend? What will she tell her friends? How will she face her family?

Now her life is completely different...every moment is a gift. Because now she might not have many moments left

Review: "My Live After Now" is an awesome book and the plot line is even more so. This is a book that can not be put down once you start reading it. The main character Lucy is likeable and seems like the sort of girl you would find living next door.

It is easy to relate to Lucy, even if you do not face the same situations as she does. She is genuine and so are the supporting characters. What she goes through is a serious live changer, especially for a teenager who had no clue. The thing that happens to her is a thing that people think will never happen to them, but in reality, it could happen to anyone. Be ready to grab some tissues.

This is a powerful novel and will make an impact on whoever reads it. It is well written and easy to read. A real page turner.

"My Life After Now" was wrapped up very nicely at the end, but does leave things a little "open" for a possible second novel if the author decides to ever visit Lucy's world again.

One could only hope the author decides in a second book, because it would be great to know more about Lucy as she ages and matures; how she handles going through treatment; and how the world around her treats her when they find out about her situation.